Sunday, September 25, 2005

Let's Not Forget the Children of Uganda

Carolyn Davis, editorial writer at The Philadelphia Inquirer, has published an Op/Ed, titled "Let's Not Forget the Children of Uganda," which highlights Uganda-CAN's Prayer and Action Weekend for the Children of Northern Uganda happening now!

She writes, "This weekend is a nationwide 'Prayer and Action Weekend for the Children of Northern Uganda,' an idea conceived in Philadelphia. The Washington-based Uganda Conflict Action Network has mounted a national campaign to get ministers, rabbis, imams and priests to tell their congregations about this war. Stir them with knowledge into asking the United States to lead in bringing it to an end."

Tags:

1 comment:

Ingrid J. Jones said...

Hi Chris, nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping to say hello and leaving a link which has enabled me to visit your blogs and see your photos. I gather you are a young man of 18 but it is not clear if are still studying. I wonder what brought you here, an interest in Africa or just passing through.

Sorry my German is a bit rusty. Used to speak it fluently. I have been to Bochum. If you have coal mines there, I have been down one, on a school trip. Also, I have lived in Iserlohn, Monchen Gladbach, Menden and Bielefeld and have fond memories of Germany and its people.

Kind regards.